20120409

Ah, I just realized I haven't posted any picture from my trip to the Middle East in December.
For the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting a few highlights from the trip.
The family and I visited Dubai, Abu Dhabi of United Arab Emirates and a side trip to Muscat, Oman.
It's a very different experience altogether. More of that later.


This is the Burj Khalifa.
Currently the tallest building in the world.
Standing right below it, there it is right in front of my eyes.
This is like an architecture student's wet dream. 
The whole thing is just so imposing,
and you're wondering what went wrong with our own Twin Tower.
Well, nothing wrong with the Twin Tower, it's still one imposing structure.
But looking at the Burj, that metallic cladding against the stark blue skies.
Deep inside knowing that its the tallest building in the world, 
and I am going up to the top just in a while.
Impressive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment